Our attendance target for 2021-22 is 96%.
- 1 day off per school year means attendance will only ever reach 99.5%
- 10 days of per school year means attendance will only ever reach 94.7%
- 20 days off per school year means attendance will only ever reach 90%
Poor school attendance can result in academic underachievement, difficulty in making or keeping friendship groups and a loss of child’s confidence and self-esteem. Research has proved that children who have poor school attendance when attending primary school are more likely to truant when in secondary schools.
Mrs Adams – School Attendance Officer – email@example.com
Reporting an Absence
1) Phone the school and leave a voicemail message (01708 343 616) or Text using the Ping app.
2) Report an absence via the designated school website tab.
3) Email the school office (please copy and paste the email if you are using a web browser) : firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Report an absence in person at the School Office (by 9-15 on the day of the absence)
Havering Council guidance for schools to follow where absences have not been reported
- Make a telephone call using the contact list (call everyone on the contact list). Leave messages if there is a voicemail option and/or text message.
- Call the contact list again.
- Consider making a home visit. If you cannot get an answer at a home visit refer immediately to Social Services or the Police.
- If a home visit is not possible, refer to Social Services or the Police.